On March 8th, 2023, a surprising snowy day in Aachen, the 130 participants of this year’s AZL Open Day had the opportunity to experience one of the largest research landscapes in Europe up close. Once again the Open Day was filled with lots of networking opportunities, guided tours through the partner Institutes of the RWTH Campus and some live demonstrations.
After a short welcome and introduction form the managing partners of the AZL, some of AZL’s industry partners – A+ Composites, Mitsui, Persico and Toyota – provided impressions and insights about the AZL Partnership to the audience.
During the guided tours the participants visited the following institutes at the RWTH Aachen Campus:
- Aachen Center for Integrative Lightweight Production (AZL) of RWTH Aachen University
- Institute of Plastics Processing (IKV) in Industry and the Skilled Crafts at RWTH Aachen University
- Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University
- Institute for Automotive Engineering (ika) of RWTH Aachen University
- Institute for Structural Mechanics and Lightweight Design (SLA) of RWTH Aachen University
- Welding and Joining Institute (isf) of RWTH Aachen
- Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The institutes opened their machinery hall doors and introduced various technologies, projects and ongoing research topics. The participants had insights into the latest technologies for cost-efficient development and production of lightweight components.
The guided tours were accompanied by a networking lunch which gave the 130 participants enough room to connect and exchange with each other – a vital part of AZL’s Open Day.
Want to evaluate, how you could leverage the expertise and infrastructure for your technology and business development … already save the date for the upcoming Open Day on April 11th 2024!