Sales Manager EMEA
9T Labs AG Website
Voted one of the top 10 Swiss startups since 2019, we are looking for a seasoned, entrepreneurial, and results-oriented Sales Manager with proven experience and passion for selling technology solutions to targeted manufacturing industries such as automotive/ground mobility, universities/research centres, and more.
Do you have a start-up mindset? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing team? Do you want to make a difference by helping make the world’s manufacturing more environmentally friendly, efficient and high-performance? If you do, we’d love to hear from you!
What is the role
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of Marketing and Business Development colleagues, Project Managers, Application Engineers, and R&D experts who develop our products, to identify new business opportunities, screen potential applications for particular industry verticals, help coordinate and manage technical and commercial project proposals. You will create and deliver powerful presentations and technical demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of our value proposition. You will match client needs and requirements to our solutions, and model the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity. You will generate high quality sales leads and prepare, negotiate and close strategic deals in complex sales cycles. You will secure orders and help coordinate with internal stakeholders for successful deliveries. You will track and report on sales KPIs, collect and document comparative market intelligence, and effectively communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements.
A key member of our Sales team, and a critical point of contact between our business and potential and current clients, you will use your experience and network to help us expand our client base in the European market. You will identify new business opportunities, develop our customer base, and manage the full sales cycle activities for industrial or university clients, to meet our ambitious sales goals and ensure high customer satisfaction level.
After 3 months you will…
- Have gotten to know the company structure, values and goals.
- Have built a strong relationship with the company
- Have developed an in-depth knowledge of our company`s technical products and manufacturing solutions, and be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable by both technical and non technical audiences
- Have started supporting our revenue generation goals by identifying new business opportunities and scheduling and conducting your first meetings with potential customers.
After 6 months you will…
- Have established a regular cadence of calls and meetings, with a healthy pipeline of qualified leads and prospective clients
- Have conducted several feasibility studies and closed first deals
- Regularly track, monitor and report on sales KPIs to assess the performance and ROI of sales outreach efforts
- Hepl plan, organize and manage our presence at regional and national sales events
After 12 months you will…
- Have established and implemented a clear sales strategy for your targeted industries in your territory
- Consistently meet and achieve your sales revenue goals and quotas
- Leverage learnings from client interactions back to the product management team to continue to improve our products and services
- Proactively identify, communicate and participate in the implementation of improvements to our internal processes
What you need to bring to the role
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, ideally in Engineering (or another industry related field) and business
- 5+ years experience in B2B sales, with a proven track record selling complex technical solutions and/or capital equipment in the automotive/ground mobility/manufacturing industry and/or to universities/R&D centres
- Ideally, comprehensive understanding of composite technologies, their merits and limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience explaining and presenting complex technical concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills
- Proven ability to work with different cultures, to forge long-lasting relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and to collaborate closely with both technical and non technical teams
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, organise and prioritise, and respond quickly to changes. Ability to find the right balance between efficient planning and flexibility
- Creative problem solving skills
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills
- Computer proficiency and ability to accurately enter data and generate reports. Experience with CRM systems (ideally Hubspot)
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 70% of the time
- English fluent (C1/C2)
- Any additional language is a plus
What leads to success
- You understand the sales cycle of a technical product in the manufacturing industry, as well as the customer needs and drivers for adoption of a new technology
- You understand and apply the concepts of building a customer business case
- You are entrepreneurial, results-oriented, resourceful and pragmatic
- You are quick in establishing strong relationships and trust with others, both internally and externally
- You have a high level of energy and can spark enthusiasm in others
- You are self-motivated, committed and dependable. You like to take initiative and can confidently and reliably operate with limited guidance
- You understand how start-ups work – which means you can balance speed, quality and output
What we offer
- A place where everyone cares about making an impact
- 25 paid holidays (per calendar year)
- Paid-time-off surrounding personal life changing events
- Meaningful equity partcipation
- Flexible working time and work location
- Events for exchange, learning, culture, sports and general fun
We value equality of opportunity regardless of gender, age, race, nationality or any other type of non-professional classification. Also, if you don’t tick all the requirements and believe that you have what it takes to help us get to the next level and that we should meet, we strongly encourage you to apply and tell us more about what we should do together.
9T Labs is a technology provider of part production equipment and software that allows industrial companies to manufacture lightweight, high-performance parts at high volumes in an easy and affordable way. We support and closely work with leading brands and fortune 500 companies to redefine the structures around us in, amongst others, the aerospace, medical, wearables, sports and leisure markets.
We were founded in 2018, and currently have offices in Zurich, Switzerland and Boston, USA. We are made up of a group of passionate professionals who believe that the next generation of manufacturing is digital, automated and sustainable. We believe in progress through planning, commitment, continuous learning and challenging the status quo. We are optimists, we work as a team and we know that the path to success is not a straight line.