Lightweight TechTalks by AZL
Digital platform for technology insights and networking
Inspired by the great response to the interactive workgroups, AZL set up the compact and digital format “Lightweight TechTalk“ for technology and market insights and for networking in the field of lightweight production.
In a 6-week rhythm, inspiring industry presentations open up different perspectives on lightweight business and technologies. Participants can identify relevant contacts and get in touch directly via participant profiles and the personal chat.
Participation is free of charge and open to all companies, even beyond the AZL partner network.
Upcoming Lightweight TechTalks
|29.09.2020||SUSTAINABILITY AND RECYCLING OF COMPOSITES – Lightweight TechTalk
Click for more details and free registration
Previous Lightweight TechTalks
In this Lightweight TechTalk material and system experts presented their technological solutions for bringing thermoplastic tapes in injection molded parts. This talk edition is following up on a completed study with 20 involved companies evaluating the potential and challenges of saving costs through the use of UD tape inserts tapes in injection molding.
Number of Participations: 120
- Jeff Sloan | Composites World | News radar
- René Laschak | Mitsui Chemicals Europe GmbH | Performance Improvement of Injection Molded Parts by the Use of Carbon Fiber UD Tapes
- Sem Sals | Polyscope Polymers| Hybrid Material Combinations in Composites
- Arne Büttner | AFPT GmbH| Automated Production of Composite Inlays
- Alexander Peitz | AZL | Ultra Fast Consolidator Individualized, Large Series Thermoplastic Tape Placement
- Coen Hartjes | TPRC | Overmolding of C/ PAEK Composites
- Harold Kutschera | simcon kunststofftechnische Software GmbH | Simulation Aspects of UD Tapes in the Injection Molding
In this Lightweight TechTalk, the speakers from the composites industry provided a detailed overview of additive manufacturing production technologies in combination with composite production comprising insights into innovative applications and latest manufacturing systems.
Number of Participations: 175
- Jeff Sloan | Composites World | News radar on composites and additive manufacturing
- David Hauber | Trelleborg | Additive Manufacturing with carbon fiber composites
- Riley Reese | ARRIS Composites | Convergence of composites and high volume manufacturing, delivering next gen consumer and vehicle structures
- Cole Nielsen | Orbital Composites | Mars and the self-replicating machines
- Kamran Samaie | Conbility | New table based machine system for additive tape placement with laser assisted in situ consolidation
In this TechTalk, three inspiring presentations opened up different perspectives on product development and potential assessment of multi-material lightweight components.
Number of Participations: 105
- Warden Schijve | Sabic | Design with thermoplastic composites from materialproducer‘s perspective
- Jonathan Spree | Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering of RWTH Aachen University | Modell-based system engineering
- André Wilkes | Rafinex | Design from material producer‘s perspective
CompositesWorld supports the Lightweight TechTalk with current news from the composites market matching the respective topic of the Lightweight TechTalk.