DuPont Transportation & Advanced Polymers, one of DuPont’s main businesses, is working on thermoplastic resins and elastomers to provide solutions to the future challenges of our global customers in many industries.
To support the development of our Research and Development Team we are looking for a
Silicone R&D Chemist
who would be located in the European Technical Center in Meyrin, Switzerland, and who’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and customers to develop the future of our product portfolio.
- Lead silicone based R&D projects as part of a multi-disciplinary professionals team.
- Design / Conduct / Complete product formulation and application testing.
- Assess hazards and mitigates risks
- Support the scale-up effort together with the manufacturing sites
- Develop new technologies and bring process improvements
- Ph.D. in chemistry, material science or related disciplines is a must
- Chemistry knowledge/experience in silicones (silanes, siloxanes, silicone gums) is essential
- Experience in or good understanding of polymer related fields like processing, rheology, physical testing etc.; industrial experience in this field would be a plus
- Open, innovative mind set
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a diverse, multi-functional, multi-national team
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently both with clients and with colleagues from various departments and levels
- Proactivity and self-initiative to manage priorities with minimal supervision
- Experience in project management
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and French or German. Other languages would be a plus.
- Industrial experience with compounding or molding of plastics will be considered as an advantage
- Interested in Plastic Market dynamics with a deep knowledge of Silicones main players