Senior Account Manager Automotive Germany (Dusseldorf and/or home office based)
For Sabic Polymers Automotive we are looking for a Senior Account Manager Automotive Germany (Dusseldorf and/or home office based).
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Account Manager is commercially responsible for growing the business within SABIC´s Automotive Segment located out of Germany. You are responsible to identify, develop and close new business opportunities at Accounts, OEMs and related TIER1s within the Automotive Segment.
In this role you need to find a good balance between strategic customer approach and short-term goals. You should develop a good relationship within all hierarchy levels at direct customers, converters, at specifiers (OEMs) and within SABIC. For this, you will be reporting into the Sr. Manager, Automotive Sales Europe and work closely together with other departments like Marketing and MDTS.
- Drive profitable growth and share expansion within the assigned (customer) portfolio/territory.
- Represents all aspects of the company’s business and is a conduit of information for interfaces for the assigned customer(s) including all contractual and commercial arrangements.
- Develop relationships at many levels within the customers’ organization. Responsible to bring Voice of Customer to SABIC-IP Product Marketing Team to better identify New Product Introduction (NPI) opportunities that enable the application development process.
- Give input for planning (S&OP)
- Work across boarder: many customers have investments in neighbouring.
- Countries in CEE. It is expected that the candidate will coordinate the working activities of local colleagues both technical and commercial. Active presence on the territory is demanded
- Assist and coordinate activities with global colleagues for global accounts
- Build account plans
- Work in close contact with support functions (SC, CC, finance, segment coordinator) to optimize service to the customer and profitability of the company.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience
- Technical background, Polymer, Processing and Characterization Technologies
- Ability to lead, direct, guide, plan & develop new projects & programs
- Excellent written & verbal communication in German and English
- Knowledge of one East European language is a plusAs a person you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Are a team player who possesses a strong desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, goal oriented organization;
- Have the ability to manage complex business situations;
- Have a stable performance under pressure, time management and prioritization
- Have strong analytical skills;
- Are willing to travel (>60%).
- To strike the right balance and performance we are looking for candidates who bring diversity to the team.
At SABIC we offer market-competitive pay, a pension-scheme and for this particular position a company car.
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers (Corporate Recruiter).
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations. Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers