Scientist, Product/Compounding Technologist
As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
The Process Engineering and Technology department is part of the Operations and Customer Fulfillment division. Our mission is to leverage technical expertise, experimentation, process design, data mining and modeling to maintain and further grow EBITDA of Specialties offerings. Our responsibilities include: a) developing and maintaining product expertise, b) Lead a portfolio of capacity, raw material surety and product related projects; c) Resolve technical service requests from various functions including commercial; d) Technical interface to manufacturing, sourcing, product lines and commercial teams.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Drive value delivery to Specialties SBU by providing technical expertise on all products and compounding process technologies for the EUR region. Technical contact point for commercial, manufacturing and product management teams to promote existing products in new customer/market/application, resolving technical service requests, providing compounding expertise for scale-up of new products and driving asset and 2nd source project for the region by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Own execution of projects, including compounding programs, adding value through defending / growing SBU EBITDA, including accountability projects milestones, timing and EBITDA delivery.
- Work with appropriate region’s stakeholders to ensure good engagement and communication. Drives execution engaging local team members to ensure timely delivery of technical information.
- Technical interface to manufacturing capabilities and plant asset strategy. Build connection between manufacturing, Asset Strategy teams and technology. Support manufacturing or tolling programs, manufacturing production capability translations, manufacturing investigation, productivity and cost-out solutions
- Support new offering project teams with compounding expertise to assist with scale-up and ensuring product robustness.
- Provides strategic recommendations, process improvements, with special focus on asset related region’s needs that improve capacity, quality and productivity.
- Prepare technical documentation and reports of investigations.
- Ph. D. degree in polymer science, polymer engineering or chemical engineering or other chemistry related major. Master degree in similar majors with 5+ year working experience in the industry of plastics.
- Good business acumen, ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication and writing skills to interact with colleagues and partners globally
- High-energy and result-oriented with ability to identify and lead innovative opportunities
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Team player being able to drive cross-functional and global teams
- Expertise on compounding of reinforced polymeric composites, filled polymers
For more information about this role you can contact Glenn Duggert (corporate recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com