Project Manager Research & Development 1 FTE
TenCate Advanced Composites
TenCate Advanced Composites began producing advanced composite materials in 1972 in Nijverdal, The Netherlands. Since then, through a series of strategic investments, acquisitions, and continuous ingenuity, we have grown into a key global supplier of advanced composite materials with multiple facilities in the USA, The Netherlands, the UK, and China. We specialize in the development and supply of composite and carbon fiber materials for the aerospace, space/satellite, high-performance automotive, engineered industrial, and athletic footwear markets.
In July 2018, Toray, a leading global chemical company and the largest producer in the world of carbon fiber, acquired TenCate Advanced Composites. Under Toray’s ownership, TenCate Advanced Composites is now even more capable of supplying innovative materials to our customers, and can do so with the strength and support of the world’s largest and most recognized, producer of carbon fiber for nearly every application imaginable. Together, Toray and TenCate combine best-in-class thermoset and thermoplastic prepreg technologies with a vertically integrated, global supply chain, enabling us access to new markets and to support our customers in ways never before possible.
We are seeking a motivated Project Manager Product Development Thermoplastic to join the Research & Product Development team on the location in Nijverdal.
Within the global Research & Product Development Department, the Project Manager is responsible for translating customer needs to material formats. The position would be based in Nijverdal, the Netherlands, and would include a reasonable amount of travelling.
Goal and content
Core activity will be developing thermoplastic composites tailored to customer needs. Within this context, the candidate supports setting up and maintains cooperations with customers and institutes.
The candidate strives to obtain a fundamental understanding of the relation between materials, processes and design.
The Project Manager Product Development core responsibilities
- Develop and implement the product development plan.
- For the benefit of the development of new applications you define the opportunities for
existing and new technologies.
- You take care of the day-to-day coordination and management of product and process
development programs. In these efforts, you will work closely with external parties on the
one hand and, on the other hand, internal departments such as Sales & Marketing,
- Initiates and participates in external (International) research projects with third parties.
- As a Project Manager you manage the project staff and divide the work with the right
- You can signal developments in the market and in technology and translates this in to the
The job requirements of the Project Manager Product Development
- Master or PhD level in the field of Materials Science, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Background in the field of thermoplastic composites is beneficial
- Responsible, creative, analytic thinking, enthusiastic and self-starting.
- Fluent in English, willing to learn Dutch
- Capable of communicating trough the different levels and disciplines within and outside the
- Excellent written skills
- Proven track record in product development
- Ability to work independently and within a team,
For more information regarding the content of the job, please contact Hans Luinge, Director
Research & Product Development Thermoplastic Composites, Tel: 0612977067
If you are interested in this job and consider yourself competent for this position, please email your letter of motivation and résumé to Nicole Rodijk, HR consultant Ten Cate Advanced Composites: email@example.com
Acquisition is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org