Product Development Specialist, LNP™ Technology
As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU produces a wide range of specialty materials, from engineering thermoplastic resins and compounds to composites, functional surfaces substrates, and additive manufacturing solutions.
The LNP Business Unit is diverse and offers both functional compounds and polycarbonate copolymers to deliver effects such as conductivity, structural performance, weatherability and improved impact, with the main purpose to solve demanding customer challenges in these key markets.
The LNP Technology team is responsible for developing new and differentiated compounds and copolymers to solve the customer challenges of today and tomorrow. We collaborate closely with the LNP Business organization, other departments and our customers to drive new Innovation efforts to support the LNP strategy to become the preferred Specialty compounder in Europe. The scope of our efforts varies from small modifications of products via Fast Formulations to developing new effects via state-of-the-art fillers and additives and new resin development tailored to the needs of our customers.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
To strengthen the European LNP Technology team, we are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and energetic Product Development Specialist who enjoys working in a cross-functional and global environment. In this role, you will be the Technology go-to-person for selected LNP product lines in Europe to lead and deliver on exciting and challenging projects working closely with other departments to resolve our customers’ key problems.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Commit to an uncompromising environment with respect to safety and compliance.
- Lead Technology Programs from ideation to implementation to create and deliver solutions that align with market needs and drive the growth of the LNP Business on both short and longer term.
- Deliver on milestones to drive projects forward working closely with global and cross-functional project teams.
- Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities for growth and innovation based on deep understanding of market needs and technical trends, and translate these into technical programs.
- Contribute to strategy setting for LNP products in close collaboration with Product Portfolio Management.
- Self-motivated professional and team player with can-do mentality, flexible and solution-driven mindset and entrepreneurial skills.
- PhD in Polymer Science & Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent degree with 0 to 5 years of experience, or MSc/BSc in one of these areas with significant practical industrial experience.
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical challenges using Design of Experiment and statistical approaches.
- Solid technical background, preferably with experience in thermoplastic compounds, with drive to deliver on multiple programs applying project management principles.
- Independent and flexible self-starter that is well able to work in cross-functional teams and is open for continuous learning and development.
For more information about this role you can contact:
Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers