Product Developer Plastics (CAD)
Website Code Product Solutions B.V.
Do you have several years of working experience as Product Developer? Do you have solid knowledge of plastics? And do you enjoy working on innovative projects in a multidisciplinary team? If your answer to these questions is YES, then you might be our new Product Developer Plastics!
As a Product Developer Plastics, you will be working on technically advanced projects for various customers. You will be designing products and systems that are focussed on the consumer. In the projects that you will be working on, you will make use of your vast knowledge of materials. You will be collaborating with three other Product Developers, along with engineers from other disciplines. You will be working in a team with the guidance of a Lead Engineer. We expect that you are also able to work independently on projects which you plan and conduct from start to finish. We will provide scope so that you are able to take the lead in the expansion of CAD activities within our growing company.
While working on projects, you will also maintain in contact with customers, with whom you will discuss the progress of projects and results. You are expected to act like a cooperative partner who suggests suitable and appropriate solutions to the case that is discussed. It is required to be capable to thoroughly analyse the assignment and understand the origin and coherence of the problem. Information analysis, critical thinking and own initiative are essential to this.
Within the multidisciplinary and international team of Code Product Solutions, you will be challenged to find innovative and creative product solutions. In the projects you will be working on, you will consider the set requirements, product functionalities, an optimal design, as well as the efficiency of the development process. By means of your expertise, our client will profit from a cost-efficient engineering process and a faster time-to-market.
The office location of this position is preferably Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Our office is located at the lively city district of Stijp-S. In this area, events take place regularly and there is a food court around the corner.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Developing 3D CAD-models and 2D engineering drawings for various projects using the software PTC CREO.
- Translating product wishes and product functionalities to production-ready designs.
- Performing ergonomic studies and usability studies.
- Conducting concept studies for various product functionalities.
- Discuss the progress and results of projects with clients.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (Higher Professional Education or University) in the field of Industrial Product Development, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Technology or a similar study.
- Approximately 5 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Thorough knowledge of multiple materials, especially plastics.
- Experience with the development of plastic parts.
- Experience with performing tolerance calculations.
- Experience with the software PTC CREO / Pro Engineer. Should you have knowledge of a similar software, such as Unigraphics or SolidWorks, then we can provide an on-the-job training for PTC CREO.
- Experience with consumer products, preferably related to safety, such as child car seats.
- Someone who is creative, innovative and who has analytical and conceptual thinking skills. This will be essential in putting ideas into visuals.
- Someone who can work in an interdisciplinary team, but who is also capable of working independently. This involves project planning skills and good communication skills.
- Excellent English and preferably Dutch speaking and writing skills. Knowledge of the German language would also be an advantage.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic work environment at a high technical level.
- A fast-growing company in which you are given the lead in the further development of CAD-activities.
- An informal and accessible work environment and a super fun and relatively young team.
- A wide diversity of projects and clients.
- Very tasty coffee, tea, other beverages, fresh fruit and snacks.
- We challenge you to develop yourself by providing a training budget.
- We appreciate your ideas and initiatives and we provide scope to investigate and develop these.
- A market competitive salary that is based on educational background and experience.
- Travel allowance
- A full-time position, based on 40 hours a week.
- A 1-year contract, with a prospect to a permanent contract.
Want to apply?
Are you interested in the position of Product Developer Plastics? Please send your resume and motivation letter per email to Linda Brouwers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about the position? Please feel free to contact Harold van Aken by phone +31 (0)88 115 1903 or by email: email@example.com.