Process Engineer Thermoplastic, ACTC
Website Hengrui Group
Engineering Department within ACTC (Advanced Composite Technology Center) is responsible for process development and validation, material characterization and testing.
The key advanced processes that ACTC is working on are: HP-RTM (High Pressure Resin Transfer Molding), WCM (Wet Compression Molding), CF-SMC (Carbon Fiber Sheet Molding Compound), PCM (Prepreg Compression Molding) Automated Tape Laying, Forming and (Back-) Injection Molding of thermoplastic composites with discontinuous and continuous fiber reinforcements as well as processing of hybrid composites.
- Develop or modify thermoplastic process to manufacture new products and meet performance requirements;
- Support process team to develop the thermoplastic product trials;
- Work together with different parties in R&D projects, like product design team, tooling team and others, to optimize the trial quality;
- Compile technical reports and handle related technical documents, like Working Instruction, Lesson Learned and etc.
- Present trial reports within the project team or publicly.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Composite Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering (Master degree or above is preferable);
- At least 2-years-experience in thermoplastic composite material processing (hands-on working experience in UD Tape Laying and injection and/or compression moulding is preferable);
- Having an intermediate to advanced level of practice in controlled processing of thermoplastic composite material systems and maintaining & operating the related equipment;
- Having an advanced understanding in the science and engineering of the composites manufacturing process, reinforcements structure and the performance properties;
- Having an intermediate level of practice in data management & statistical process control;
- Having basic skills of AutoCAD and/or CATIA to read the drawing and to analyse the product;
- Project experience with automotive industry is preferable;
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Project management competence and implementation strength;
- Sovereign communication at all levels of cooperation;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), be able to discuss technical issues with foreigners through e-mail and conference call.
- Analytical/Logical capability
- Good communication skills & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Result orientation
- Team player
- Sense of responsibility
About ACTC (Advanced Composite Technology Center)
ACTC (Advanced Composite Technology Center) was established by the Hong Kong headquartered group HRC (China Carbon Fiber leading company). ACTC is doing the research of latest carbon-based materials processing technologies focusing on thermoset and thermoplastic area. The center will drive the development of composites and their processing in automotive, aerospace and industrial applications.
Our vision is to be the biggest in Asia, the first composite technology R&D center which can support and collaborate with our customers to develop future light weight solutions. To make this happen, we need more talented people on-board, people with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate, people that want to work across the borders in a global organization that values individual differences and gives you unique career opportunities. We believe in the power of people and will support you to reach your full potential. Sounds like you?
Join us in creating the future together!
If you are interested by this position, please contact: