International Account Manager Health Care, Polymers Sales
The Polymers Sales Europe team resides within the PE & Sales Business Unit, one of the 3 business groups that make up the Petrochemicals SBU. The Polymers Sales team is responsible for selling all Polymers products for the different Businesses, being PP, PE, ETP and E3P. There are ~90 employees working within the Polymers Sales Team in Europe.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The International Account Manager (IAM) is the position where multi product and market orientation meets mono product and asset orientation structure, therefore he/she needs to understand, challenge and manage these differences.
The IAM needs to cope with huge changes in our market environment, changes in the International Account Structure, Maturing and concentrating market, increased buying power in a gradually more and more oversupplied market (with margin optimization/maintenance)
- Prepare multi product and multi-year budget/account plans to handle an International Account that coincides with the respective BU-plans. Main targets/KPI’s are: Volume, price, grade portfolio, CVM, logistics & technical services.
- The IAM is the owner, architect and executer of the Account Plan.
- Agreeing annual or multi-year contract with volume and pricing (volume, margin, price performance of the assigned IA vs. benchmark; customer satisfaction vs. benchmark, execution of business development targets (applications, products, and segments).
- Execute a proactive, multi-product Key Account Management to fulfil the strategy of the Business Unit(s).
- Develop/maintain relationships on Board level (CEO/CFO) as well as on purchasing-, sales-, development- and operations directors level.
- Propose and close contracts between large and international accounts and SABIC – for example: delivery contracts, project contracts etc.
- Negotiator of all contracts and commercial conditions with IA (within Business Plan & Policy’s).
- Monitoring the financial performance and securing a “Zero-overdue” position of the IA.
- Actively contribute and control financial issues like credit lines, day’s sales outstanding and bad debts.
- Continuously monitoring and actions in order to optimize customer portfolio regarding profitability criteria’s.
- Renew or improve worst 20% of Business (new IA’s and/or shift of volume).
- Quarterly reporting on KPI’s to BM(s).
- BSc/MSc in Plastics, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Technical Business Administration.
- Experienced business to business account manager with proven track record in international environment (5-8 years)
- Understanding of engineering plastic products and processing, converting techniques and market applications
- Profound knowledge about plastics and their production processes
- Healthcare Market knowledge and understanding
- Ability to analyze a market segment and derive from that segment oriented developments and insights
- Knowledge of Key Account Management tools and Sales/marketing concepts and tools
- Legal, administrative and financial knowledge
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers (Corporate Recruiter), via email@example.com.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers