This position is located at the EMEA business and technology center for DuPont Safety & Construction, a business unit within DuPont based on Kevlar®, Tyvek®, Corian® and Nomex® brand products, located in Geneva, Switzerland. It requires occasional travel between the DuPont centers and customers in the globe, increasingly you will be part of the Global Technology Team supporting global programs.
This position will work within the Energy Solutions on automotive and battery team which focus on very specific customer demands for electrical motors thermal management of Automotive industry.
You will be responsible for developing new applications and materials, as well the technical customer service of Nomex® insulating products portfolio used in the high growth electrical vehicles industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuously develop expertise in e-motor applications, to best support our customers.
- Close cooperation with our customer’s design team, our materials and R&D technical specialists as well as with our sales and marketing teams.
- Interface with product development and quality complains resources working to serve the market to support current and future state business on Automotive market.
- Lead/support technical programs at customers/distributors to achieve technical qualification for future commercialization.
- Lead and/or contribute to product development programs, providing VOC (Voice of Customer), technical expertise, as needed to develop new products and/or applications to meet customer needs, if applies.
- Continuously apply innovative approach to customer solutions/processes/ways of doing things.
- Interface with a broad organization within DuPont in the globe, not only EMEA, to improve the performance and safety of vehicles. Provide Technical Support to global and regional programs within the COE (Centers of Expertise).
- Prepare/contribute to product literature, sales tools and case stories for new and existing products. Conduct technical trainings and/or seminars for distributors and customers; write and publish technical papers/articles for selected conferences/tradeshows.
- Provide input to business and marketing strategy for industry segment. Compile, document, and communicate value-in-use information, competitive intelligence and related items to continuously improve our competitive advantage.
- Support product stewardship and regulatory activities, maintain high level relationships with the global certifiers of materials.
Required education, skills and experiences:
- Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, PhD will be considered as an advantage;
- 10+ years’ experience in the design and/or testing of electric motors; preferably in automotive market.
- Demonstrate ability and experience associated with insulation systems and design of electrical rotating machinery. Background and experience on the design and testing of batteries packs for electrical vehicles is a high differentiation.
- Broad knowledge in electrical engineering, high voltage technology, power electronics, systems engineering.
- Experience within the application of Electrical Insulation materials and systems (EIS).
- Detailed knowledge of international norms and standards for EIS materials in the generators/motors industry.
- Proven Project management experience. Certifications are a differentiation.
- Excellent analytical skills; embracing diversity; collaborative; business results-driven.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English; additional language skills are an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of MS Office, and general computing software. Modeling experience is considered a differentiation.
- Customer focused, takes initiative, willingness to learn, strong communication skills, team player.
Contact Name: Yuliia Shynkarenko