DuPont has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, non-governmental organizations, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment.
Since 1903, the DuPont Field Engineering Program has brought newly graduated top-performing engineers into more than 70 different DuPont locations to gain valuable experience leading to long term career paths. The program gives recent engineering graduates an opportunity to gain a broad perspective and valuable experience in a series of rotation assignments at different sites throughout DuPont. It offers assignments two to three years in length, allowing engineers to train, develop, and grow professionally while making meaningful contributions to the bottom line. Through the program, engineers build a solid record of accomplishments and gain a broad-based perspective of the company. Working at several DuPont sites helps engineers determine where their talents best suit our business needs.
A minimum of two assignments is required, each being 1.5-3 years in length. Total geographic flexibility is a requirement while active as a Field Engineer. Assignments will be selected for each engineers based of previous experience and business needs. Assignments can fall within 3 job umbrellas: Production/Plant, Design and Research and Development.
There are multiple opportunities for engineers with a major in Chemical Engineering.
Typical first assignments for engineers that chose the Field Engineering Program include:
- Manufacturing Technical / Process Engineering (Production) – Provide technical support to a production area. The engineer’s activities may include improving an existing manufacturing process by increasing product yield, quality, or equipment utilization; or aiding in short-term process or product development programs
- Research and Development– Apply engineering principles to task areas ranging from fundamental research on new processes and products to development of work to improve and/or diversify existing product lines. Laboratory, pilot plant, or full-scale production tests are used by the engineer to accomplish process technology and product advances
- Project and Design (Design) – Implement capital projects to build new or improve existing facilities. Responsibilities include reviewing basic data, developing project justification and scopes, coordinating design, and managing project construction
- Engineering Consulting (Design) – Provide Engineering consulting and support services to DuPont businesses globally in support of top-line growth and asset effectiveness improvement programs. Performs detailed problem analysis in addressing complex technical problems and recommends/implements innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to achieve business objectives. Responsibilities include development of program proposals, managing budgets, program execution and results documentation
- Completing a Degree from an accredited program in Chemical Engineering
- 100% geographic flexibility to allow for best career development fit
- Strong language skills (2-3, including Fluent English) and willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Commitment to complete a minimum of two assignments totaling 4.5 – 5 years
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 5 months minimum, 5 years maximum of paid engineering work experience in manufacturing or engineering Research and Development in an industrial setting OR
- 2.5 months of paid academic engineering Research and Development work plus 2.5 months of paid Co-Op/ Internship engineering experience in manufacturing or engineering Research and Development in an industrial setting
- Legal right to work in the European Union without restriction
Please note that this job posting is targeted for a start date in spring or summer of 2019
- EMEA-United Kingdom-Hertfordshire-Stevenage
- EMEA-Czech Republic-Hradec Králové-Smirice,
- EMEA-Germany-Neu Isenburg-Neu Isenburg,
- EMEA-Finland-Southern Finland-Hanko,
- EMEA-France-Centre-Val de Loire-Eure-et-Loir,
- EMEA-Austria-Lenzing Region-Lenzing,
- EMEA-Netherlands-South Holland-Dordrecht,
- EMEA-Slovakia-Banskobystricky kraj-Banská Bystrica,
- EMEA-Spain-Principality of Asturias-Asturias,
- EMEA-Switzerland-Geneva-Meyrin Division Alignment – Specialty Products
Contact Name: Dmytro Liakhovych