Composites Engineer – Product Development
Toray Advanced Composites
Toray Advanced Composites is a leading supplier of thermoset and thermoplastic composite materials. These materials are used for the production of lightweight constructions in the latest generation of aircraft as well as the satellite and space industry. In 1972 we started as TenCate Advanced Composites and we are acquired in July 2018 by Toray Industries Inc. a Japanese multinational company which is a leader in our industry. We are seeking a motivated, proactive Engineer to join the Research & Product Development team on the location in Nijverdal, Netherlands.
You are part of the global Research & Product Development team. Within this team you are responsible for translating the customer needs into efficient development of different composite materials for aerospace applications. This will include cooperation between the different disciplines within the Toray group as well as cooperation with external institutes and partners. In this way, you strive to obtain a fundamental understanding of the relation between materials, processes and design.
Location will be in Nijverdal, Netherlands.
The Engineer’s core responsibilities
- Develop and implement the product development plan.
- For the benefit of the development of new applications you define the opportunities for existing and new technologies.
- You take care of the day-to-day coordination development programs. In these efforts, you will work closely with external parties on the one hand and, on the other hand, internal departments such as Sales & Marketing, Operations etc.
- Participates in external (International) research projects; internally and with third parties.
- You can signal developments in the market and in technology and translates this in to the internal organization
The job requirements of the Engineer
- HBO (bachelor) or master level, preferably in the direction of Material Engineering or chemistry.
- Responsible, creative, analytic thinking, enthusiastic and self-starting.
- Background in the field of composites is beneficial.
- Fluent in English, willing to learn Dutch.
- Capable of communicating trough the different levels and disciplines within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written skills.
- Proven track record in product development.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
What can we offer you as an Engineer?
At Toray Advanced Composites you are going to work in an enthusiastic team in an innovative, dynamic and international environment.
Next to that we can offer you
- A salary between € 2785 and € 3978 (depending on relevant experience, based on a 40-hour week).
- 23 holidays and 19 ADV-days annually.
- Good benefits.
If you are interested in this job and consider yourself competent for this position, please email your letter of motivation and résumé to Nicole Rodijk, HR Manager Toray Advanced Composites: email@example.com For more information regarding the content of the job, please contact Hans Luinge, Director Research & Product Development Thermoplastic Composites, Tel: +31 612977067.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org