Automotive Application Engineering Specialist
The Predictive Engineering & Structures Department is part of the Global Technology Automotive organization within SABIC Petrochemicals. This Department aims to increase the value proposition of SABIC resins by providing differentiated engineering solutions to automotive customers, to increase profitability and reduce time-to-market. Continuous improvement to keep a competitive edge is therefore key. Successful development of innovative solutions is achieved through the combination of product knowledge, part design and part manufacturing know-how. Strong collaborations exist with other Technology Departments, Market Development & Technical Service colleagues and customers. The Predictive Engineering & Structures Department is a global team located in the Netherlands, US, China and India.
Currently, a vacancy exists for an Automotive Application Engineering Specialist.
Reference Number: 3957
Job Type: Professional
Vacancy Category: Please visit us at www.sabic.com/careers to learn more about SABIC.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Lead and drive predictive engineering programs for internal/external customers in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders (Market Development & Technical Service, Sales, Technology, Marketing and Product Management teams, customers and external parties) to support automotive growth to achieve SABIC 2025 vision.
- Responsible to translate customer requirements, specifications and expectations into a clear application engineering/CAE plan.
- Responsible to perform feasibility studies based on technical specifications, resulting into design concepts using FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software.
- Proactively communicate with project team members and business stakeholders on progress. Report results and present them to stakeholders and customers.
- Provide technical expertise in design, stiffness, strength, crash, vibrations, weight optimization, material characterization and processability to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Engage with external parties (contractors, institutes, universities…) to efficiently develop differentiated services to customers in scope of continuous improvement.
- Interface with Intellectual Property team to ensure Intellectual Property coverage.
- Together with the Market Development & Technical Service and Marketing teams, follow application trends and customer needs. Propose pipeline programs to address these needs.
- Ensure activities are compliant with safety, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. in Mechanical, Aerospace or Polymer Engineering
- 3 years of experience in predictive engineering tools (Optistruct, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, Moldflow, Moldex 3D, Digimat) in automotive industry, preferably in plastics applications
- Knowledge of the injection moulding process and composites is a plus
- Experience in customer and external interactions/presentations
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, pragmatic, able to work in global cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to travel, mainly within Europe (10 to 20%)
For more information about this role you can contact: Ton Brands, Recruiter at +31(0)615822931
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People Who Can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://gs19.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_sabic04.asp?s=5057594D6F4A5A4B555C5E50575E434D514B4D1A&key=85796201&c=216172950248&pagestamp=sewhrzimuxxprnrbki →