APAC Innovation Trainee
We redefine chemical material solutions. Innovation is in our DNA. We change our industry with hightech polymer products. We are driven by the desire to grow. But we are going to do it our way – with smart technologies and products that we are proud of. Products that MAKE our world better. Innovations that benefit our society and the environment. The future will be what WE MAKE of it. Together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
APAC Innovation Trainee (2 Openings based in Shanghai)
Why this program? Why Covestro?
The Covestro Trainee Program for Innovation will provide the scope to build up your knowledge and develop a strong network of personal contacts within different areas of our company, fostering a deep understanding on how these different areas are working together. With a personal mentor and extensive tailored development opportunities, we’ll prepare you for all the challenges that a career with Covestro offers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
During your 24-month rotational trainee program you will establish an international network for the specific umbrella topic (e.g., Sustainability, Composites, Digital R&D) of your personalized program. In various regions, business units and functional groups, you will take on demanding tasks in China and abroad and get to know our exciting fields of business.
In several trainee rotations, each of 3-9 months, you will work on different projects surrounding the overarching umbrella topic of your rotational program.
- You will contribute or lead new, interdisciplinary projects / studies under the supervision of your supervisor / mentor.
- You will coordinate projects in close consultation with the internal functional groups. Depending on the assignment and umbrella topic, the projects include the conception, implementation, evaluation and interpretation of business or technical information as well as the subsequent presentation of the developed content.
- The flexibility of the Innovation Trainee Program gives you the opportunity to align your trainee rotations matching your professional interests and skills.
What you bring
You have completed your science degree at an above-average grade and subsequently obtained a PhD in chemistry, polymer or materials science, physics, biotechnology or engineering.
- You gained experience from business-related, preferably international internships or projects abroad.
- You already have first experience in the management of technical staff as well as in the guidance of master or PhD students, for example in the context of a PostDoc position.
- A background or special interest in Composites, 3D printing projects is highly welcomed for one of the potential development area for our future business growth.
- You have an open and assertive personality with interest in technical solutions, general management and strategic thinking, with leadership ambition and potential.
- You are a team player with courage and a proven drive for change.
- You enjoy being challenged with open questions and developing creative solutions. You gladly accept responsibility throughout your job which may include your personal development.
- You enjoy working in a highly interactive team and bring a high degree of mobility for international assignments within the Covestro Group.
- Proficient in English and Chinese.
What we offer
We’ll offer you excellent opportunities for professional and personal development as well as official employment contract with Covestro China based in Shanghai.
Starting you career with 24 months extensive tailored rotation, the program will enable you establishing a network in the global Covestro Organization, broaden your technical know-how and acquire breadth in the business environment. We’ll prepare you for all the challenges that a career with Covestro offers. Make it real!
If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please apply online at www.career.covestro.cn or send your application to China Recruiting CNTA@covestro.com, submitting your CV and references as well as your availability/notice period.
To apply for this job email your details to CNTA@covestro.com