Website Asahi Kasei Europe GmbH
Asahi Kasei Europe GmbH is one of the subsidiary companies of Asahi Kasei Corp.
As one of the leading chemical companies in Japan with over 33,000 employees worldwide (consolidated), Asahi Kasei Europe GmbH is a European Headquarter and Engineering Plastics Division with responsibility for sales and technical service of engineering plastics for the European customers in auto industry and E&E etc.
Aim of this position:
We would like to expand our business in Europe; therefore we strengthen our technical support and development activity in Europe. Recently we opened a R&D Center in Dormagen.
Main task of Application Engineer should be the grade development for European customer for our Engineering Plastics: PA66 (Polyamide 66), POM (Polyacetal Resin) and m-PPE (modified Polyphenylene Ether Resin). We will start soon our own grade development for European customers. Based on customer’s request, you develop the formulation of compounding of our products then evaluate them by yourself. You will work with our other technical team in Japan, China, Singapore, Thailand and USA as well as our team in Dormagen.
• To design the formulation of compounding based on customer’s request, and prepare the sample with extruder, then evaluate the sample
• To support a trial production at compounding plant
• To set up the extrusion and injection molding labor in Dormagen
• To organize the daily laboratory works and maintain the equipment and machines
• To work with our R&D colleagues in Japan and also our technical team in Dormagen closely to support our daily business in EU
• Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering such as Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material Science, Process Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• At least 3 year’s practical experience of technical service, product development, process development, quality control as an engineer
• Good knowledge and practical experience of Engineering Plastics, additives such as flame retardants, mineral filers, color master batch
• Practical experience of plastics processing such as extrusion, compounding, injection molding, evaluation of polymer in laboratory
• Fluent German and English (both oral and written)
• Very good presentation ability in German and English
• You don‘t have so much regular business trips inside EU (less than 10% working time). But the training outside EU like in Japan, Singapore and USA may be planned, if it is needed (Intensive training ca. several weeks depending on his / her experience) . Some joint meetings may be planned out of EU annually.
Full time and permanent position, salary will be decided based on your experience
Starting data: As soon as possible
Report to: Senior Manager